Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced an extension of the nationwide lockdown till May 3 to contain the coronavirus pandemic. Modi commended the country’s citizens for exercising restraint during the lockdown and the government for its proactive response, adding India was relatively less impacted than other nations.
Modi sought cooperation from citizens on seven fronts:
1. Ensure the elderly take precautions
2. Follow social distancing, use homemade masks.
3. Boost your immunity – look guidelines issued by the Ayush ministry.
4. Download and use the Aarogya Setu mobile app
5. Help the poor and the needy
6. Have empathy for the people employed in your business.
7. Respect coronavirus warriors such as nurses and the medical staff.